Top Five Places to Visit in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil



Rio de Janeiro is one of the most coveted places to visit among travelers because of numerous interesting sights that can be found in this lively city. I haven’t been to Rio yet but this city is definitely in my bucket list and I have also started saving up for a trip to Brazil in the near future and then onwards to other countries in South America.

Here are five places that I intend to check out when I visit Rio de Janeiro:

Christ the Redeemer and Corcovado Mountain



The Christ the Redeemer statue located in Corcovado Mountain is definitely the most iconic image not only of Rio de Janeiro but also of Brazil. Every time I think of Brazil, the image of this statue immediately pops into my mind. The statue is gigantic – standing at 98 feet tall. Aside from the statue, visiting the peak of Corcovado Mountain will definitely give me a nice view of Rio’s beaches, favelas and the picturesque Sugarloaf Mountains.

Sugarloaf Mountain



Sugarloaf Mountains is another iconic landmark of Rio and a very picturesque mountain as well. It can be viewed from different parts of the city. Hiking this mountain can be a daunting task especially for those who are not fond of it, fortunately there are cable cars that can take you to the summit.

Copacabana



Copacabana is one of the most popular beaches not only in Brazil but also in the whole world. It has been mentioned in numerous literature and even popularized in some songs. A huge party and spectacular fireworks is also being staged yearly during New Year’s Eve in Copacabana and it would definitely be great to celebrate NYE in this beach with some of my friends.

Ipanema



Ipanema is another popular beach in Rio that I’ll definitely include in my itinerary when I get the chance to visit Brazil. This beach has been widely popularized by the song’ “Girl from Ipanema.” Sunset seems to be amazing at this picturesque beach especially at the western side where you could see two mountains called Dois Irmaos.

Downtown Rio



One of my favorite things to do when traveling to any country is to visit the downtown and explore its streets, check out its markets, eat street foods and also go to some museums to learn some things about the history and culture of Rio.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Calpurnia, Europe - Is this Country a Real Place? The Story, Facts, Location

Grand Teton National Park Information

Five Tips to Stay Productive While Working Anywhere in the World